Working Capital Finance Solutions
Working capital is essentially defined as Cash at Bank. No business can operate without enough cash at bank to pay wages, supplies and statutory obligations.
Therefore, it is essential that your business has enough cash at bank to operate at all times throughout the cashflow cycles of your business throughout the year.
Working Capital Finance is a loan to help finance the daily operations of a company. Companies that have high seasonality or cyclical sales cycles can use working capital loans to help with periods of reduced business activity. A working capital loan can pay the wages and other operating expenses during the low season.
Benefits of Working Capital Finance:
- Easy to obtain
- It enables the business to continue operating at full capacity
- Facilitates business growth
- Allows you to take on that next big contract and fund the upfront costs
- Business owner maintains full control of the company
- Fast access to cash
Features of Working Capital Finance:
- Interest rates can be higher to compensate lenders for the risk involved
- Loan Terms from 1 – 24 mths
- Quick turn around times to funding
- Loans are often tied to the business owner’s personal credit rating
- Working Capital Finance can be secured or unsecured. Only companies with a high credit rating are eligible for an unsecured loan. Companies with low credit rating will need to secure the loan.
- Business use – Money is only loaned to your business on the proviso that it will used to help out your business and its cash flow. Therefore, it must only be spent on items such as stock or employee wages, NOT new equipment for yourself personally
- Eligibility criteria must be met – It’s important to be aware of the criteria lenders will be looking for, such as annual cash flow and how long your business has been operating.
- Flexibility of repayments – not all lenders have the same payment terms and break fees if you payout early. These features need to be weighed up when choosing a lender
Is a working capital loan right for you?
Here are a few things to consider when deciding whether a working capital loan is the right credit option for your business.
- Can my business afford this loan? It’s important to consider whether your business will be able to afford to pay off the loan once it’s been approved.
- Secured or unsecured loan. You can choose between a secured or unsecured loan. It depends whether or not you want to put an asset such as your car, home or a business asset, against the loan you apply for, or take on more risk and go for an unsecured loan.
- Is there a flexible repayment option? Make sure there is a flexible repayment option that will be manageable against the ebbs and flows of your business’ cashflow.
- What are my options? As working capital finance comes in a variety of options, such as a cash overdraft, a personal loan or discounted invoices, it’s important to figure out which will work best for your business and its needs.
Is your business eligible?
Here are some criteria to keep in mind while determining whether or not your business is eligible. In order to apply for working capital finance, you must:
- be a registered business in Australia
- meet the turnover requirements set by the lender
- meet the minimum operating terms set by the lender, and
- be able to make your repayments under the terms you have agreed.
As long as you can meet these requirements, Commercial Point Finance will be able to find a number of working capital loan options that will suit your business needs.
Contact Us for the best Working Capital Finance deals today.
Check out our Commercial Finance Page for all our other commercial finance options.