Finance lease can be a cost effective way for a company to acquire assets. Financing costs are calculated on the price of the equipment for an agreed time frame in return for a series of payments. Most contracts are very flexible and will allow you to choose either to pay monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. If you a have a business that experiences seasonal income, you can elect to make your repayments on a seasonal or irregular basis.
- Limited use based on accountants advice
- The equipment being finance is all the security required in most cases
- Standard Terms range from 12 year and can be varied depending on equipment
- The interest rate is fixed for the term
- Residual value is based on effective/useful life which is determined by the ATO
- GST is charged on each rental payment and any residual value
- May be able to claim payments and stamp duty (if applicable) if used for business
- You can offer to purchase the equipment at the end of term for residual value
- Accounting treated as on balance sheet
Not sure yet if Finance Lease is the best option for you? Check out our other lease options or call 02 9453 0300 to discuss.
Check out our Commercial Finance Page for all our commercial finance options.
Please go to our Contact Us page and get in touch with your nearest Commercial Point Finance Broker to discuss how we can tailor the ideal finance package for your business.